Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Frustrated

I haven't been much of a fan of work lately. There have been a number of menu changes over the last month and a half, and each change has only added to my workload. It is to the point that I can barely get any side work done before lunch service. My morning is pretty much solely dedicated to getting everything ready for the lunch crowd. I end up having a shitload of stuff to do after service, making my day last 12 hours long. To complicate matters, we are in the middle of Restaurant Week. We only participate in Restaurant Week during lunch service, so I am the one who gets fucked over the most. I had so much extra work to do over the past weekend (in preparation for Restaurant Week) that I had to pull 13 hour days on Friday and Sunday. Throughout the weekend no one ever asked me if I needed help with my added duties. Not once. To be fair, I usually hate when I get help because the quality of work ends up not meeting my standards. That sounds rather bitchy, doesn't it? Well, I am a bitch. A pissed off bitch. And Restaurant Week actually lasts TWO weeks. How retarded is that? I am going to be a pissed off bitch for a long time.

No comments: