Thursday, April 10, 2008

Overreaction

I am not quite sure what is going on at work, but it is getting a little ridiculous. Lately, Chef has shown very extreme knee-jerk reactions to problems in our kitchen. Last week the executive chef brought to my chef's attention that the rosettes being used for one of our desserts were past a week old. My chef was PISSED and her rampage included declaring that the rosettes would have to be made fresh every day. Trust me when I say that adding yet another item to the daily tasks for that station really sucks, and is a bit unnecessary.

Last night, when I got to work Chef told me that the people working service the night before did a very poor job of cleaning the service station at the end of the night. As a solution, I and my partner would have to deep clean everything. Oh, and this additional deep clean will now take place every Wednesday. I know this may need some minor explanation. Every Sunday night the entire restaurant conducts "deep clean" once service is over. Basically, we clean everything that does not normally get cleaned on a daily basis. Since I have started working full-time, I have worked service pretty much every Sunday night. This makes me the sucker who always gets stuck doing deep clean. I also always work Wednesday night service. So now I am the chump who has to clean above and beyond everyone else TWICE a week because I have co-workers who slack off.

This news obviously pissed me off, so last night I told the pastry sous chef that it isn't fair that the same two people have to do deep clean twice a week and they better consider changing the day the second deep clean lands on. She agreed, but I doubt they will be able to work it out so that the work is shared between different people. Did I mention that the slacker co-worker left early the night she didn't clean well? Did I also mention she left early to meet up with her boyfriend? I hope she had a great time with her boyfriend.

No comments: